Everybody is an individual in my book so I generally need to know what a person is interested in what they're not interested in. They've... two major classifications of folks that come to see us. One, they have teeth worse than they think they are and then or two they have teeth that are better than they think they are. And so I want to get to know what the patient desires and then how I can best satisfy treatment for them. So then once I do an exam and determine risk and then communicate that risk to the patient then they kind of know where they're standing. If it's a matter of function then restorative dentistry would be designed to restore the best function possible to the teeth that are savable. And those teeth that aren't savable we remove and then restore functionality different way, whether with implants or removable prosthesis, which will be partials or dentures or fixed bridges.
At Mark W. Wilhelm, DMD, MSD, we can:
- Repair damage to your teeth
- Replace your missing teeth
- Restore your smile’s beauty and function
As a prosthodontist, Dr. Wilhelm is highly qualified to provide the best restorative solutions possible. A prosthodontist has completed two to three years of additional training in advanced dental restoration techniques to give you exceptional outcomes.
Call 651-319-9064 to schedule your appointment at our Woodbury, MN dentist office. We’ll find out which of our restorative dentistry options will work best for you!
Regain Your Full, Healthy Smile With Our Restorative Dentistry Options
Restorative dentistry saves your existing teeth and sometimes replaces them to give you back the function of your mouth.
It is always better to keep your natural teeth, but there are times when the damage to them is too extensive. In those cases, the damaged tooth threatens the health of your other teeth or your entire mouth. Restorative dentistry gives us the means to help keep your teeth safe, healthy, and working properly.
Here’s how Dr. Wilhelm can help:
- Tooth-Colored Fillings – Tooth decay will eat away at your tooth, creating a void. Our dental fillings will fix this void and support your tooth while you use it to eat, speak, and smile. They’ll also look natural because we’ll color-match the filling material to your teeth.
- Inlays/Onlays – These are considered partial crowns. They are for conditions that require more than a filling but less than a crown. An inlay goes over the inside of your biting surface, while an onlay extends onto the outer biting surface as well.
- Dental Crowns – Crowns are cap-like structures that we place over damaged teeth to keep them safe, restore function, and prevent further damage. When you have a severe crack or a break in your tooth, the life of your tooth is at risk. Extensive tooth decay that can’t be fixed with a simple dental filling will threaten your tooth as well. Crowns can help in both cases!
- Dental Bridges – Missing one or more teeth can cause issues when you are trying to eat, and they can make you hesitate to show your smile. Dr. Wilhelm can create a bridge to fill the gap and get you back to eating and smiling confidently.
- Dental Veneers – Thin, porcelain veneers act almost like fingernails for your teeth. Both a cosmetic and restorative solution, they quickly repair cracks and chips and restore beauty. When you have a cracked tooth that does not require a crown, a veneer is often a good option. The veneer will bond to the front of the tooth and keep it safe from further cracking or breaking.
- Dental Implants – Sometimes, a tooth comes out or needs to be extracted. To maintain good oral health, you will need to find a replacement tooth. Dental implants give you the closest replacement for your real teeth that modern dentistry can offer. By bonding with the bone in your jaw, dental implants can support new teeth and do everything that real teeth can do. You will regain the stability, look, and feel of your natural teeth with dental implants from Mark W. Wilhelm, DMD, MSD.
Call our Woodbury, MN office today at 651-319-9064 to schedule your appointment to restore your smile. You can also use our online form to book a visit or ask questions.