Do you suffer from dental anxiety? Do you need help getting past a painful dental experience from your past? Dr. Wilhelm at Mark W. Wilhelm, DMD, MSD can help you be comfortable and relaxed while we take care of your smile.
At our Woodbury, MN dentist office, we offer safe sedation dentistry options that will:
- Calm your nerves while allowing you to drive yourself home
- Help you more deeply relax while remaining awake
- Let you sleep throughout any treatment
Call 651-319-9064 to contact our Woodbury, MN dentist office for a stress-free visit with sedation dentistry. We’ll determine the most beneficial sedation option for you.
Soothing You With The Proper Dental Sedation Option
Most dentists only offer one or two forms of dental sedation – if any at all. We provide a full spectrum of safe sedation dentistry options to best address your dental anxiety, including:
- Nitrous Oxide – This is the mildest form of sedation dentistry available. You will be relaxed and comfortable during your treatment. You may feel drowsy, but you will be able to participate in your own treatment and answer questions if needed. Nitrous wears off quickly following your appointment and will allow you to drive yourself home.
- Oral Sedation – With oral sedation, your sedation dentistry level can range from mild to moderate. You will arrive an hour before your appointment to take your sedation (in pill form). Oral sedation will put you on the edge of sleep, or you may even fall asleep. However, you will be able to respond to commands. This type of sedation is effective for almost all procedures. The effects of this type of sedation will take several hours to wear off following your appointment. This means you will need a ride home.
- IV Sedation – With this level of sedation, we can adjust the sedative effects throughout the process based on what you need. You will be asleep during the procedure and will need some time following to recover. Again, you will need a ride home.
- General Anesthesia – This is the highest level of sedation dentistry we offer, and you will be totally asleep. It will take a little time for you wake up following your procedure, and you will definitely need several hours following to get back to normal.
In addition, Dr. Wilhelm will make sure that you are comfortable during your dental procedure with the appropriate amount of anesthetic to keep you pain-free.
Providing Extra Comfort In Addition To Sedation Dentistry
In addition to sedation dentistry , we offer pillows and blankets to help you relax and be comfortable in the dental chair. We also have music and videos available to take your mind off your treatment so that you can get the dental care you need.