A mouth is a complicated organism, or it's a complicated functioning kind of machine. In order to have it—the reason that someone would need a whole mouth of restorations done or a full-mouth reconstruction would be that all of the teeth have been destroyed for some reason.
What we want to do is find the cause of that and then make sure that we put the mouth back together so that we don't have the same cause. It's a pretty complicated deal but if done properly, then we're able to restore the teeth. They look like new and they will not break down in the future.
I had a specific patient that came to me with his mouth in shambles and he owned a big construction company: very busy and he understands construction and how complex various things are. We sat down with him over a number of appointments and consultations to treatment plan and we eventually—he needed a combination. He had bridge work that had failed so he was replacing teeth with bridges connected to his teeth so he was getting decay around those areas.
The first thing we did was make sure that he didn't have restorations that replaced teeth that were connected to his teeth because the risk in that case were the teeth themselves. We took all of the teeth that were missing and replaced those with implants. He did have some teeth that were hopeless so we removed those and then we restored the rest of his teeth.
It was a whole mouth reconstruction and we gave him a plan and then a fee quote and told him that there would be no change orders. In his business, they have change orders and those are always expensive. The treatment was going to take place over fourteen months and he couldn't understand how we could have one fee and then stick with it. And in the end, we did exactly—over a period of fourteen months, several pretty complicated appointments and from his temporaries to the final product, he was just really quite amazed.
Now several years later, he's functioning. We totally changed the way his mouth looks and the way his mouth functions and then as a result, by reducing the problems that caused the breakdown in the first place, he hasn't had any issues at all since.
When multiple issues are robbing you of the use of your mouth, talk to Dr. Wilhelm and see if a full-mouth reconstruction is right for you.
By developing a customized plan at our Woodbury, MN dentist office, Dr. Wilhelm can:
- Replace any of your teeth
- Improve your appearance
- Enhance your oral health
- Help you eat easily and comfortably
- Prevent further dental issues
- Provide you with a new smile in just one visit, in some cases
There is no better doctor for a procedure of this magnitude. As a prosthodontist, Dr. Wilhelm has completed years of additional training above and beyond the work he did to become a dentist.
He has advanced knowledge about how the various structures and systems within your mouth work together, which means his plan for your full-mouth reconstruction will result in the best outcome possible for your smile.
Call 651-319-9064 to schedule your appointment with Dr. Wilhelm in our dental office at Woodbury, MN today!
Combining Our Restorative Services For Your New Smile
All of our restorative dentistry offerings can be considered for your full-mouth reconstruction. Our goal is to restore your smile’s function first and its look second. Here are some common treatments Dr. Wilhelm uses here at Mark W. Wilhelm, DMD, MSD:
- Dental Crowns– Crowns are great for covering damaged or decayed teeth, restoring their function, and protecting them from further damage.
- Dental Bridges– Missing one or more teeth can make chewing a real chore. Dental bridges will literally bridge that gap left by the tooth and give you back a fully functional bite.
- Dental Implants– Implants are a wonderful tool in a full-mouth reconstruction. They mimic how real teeth feel and work in your mouth, all while protecting you against bone deterioration.
- Dentures– We offer many types of dentures to replace some or all of your teeth. We can even attach dentures to dental implants for a secure hold. Talk to Dr. Wilhelm about whether conventional dentures or implant dentures are right for you.
- We also offer All-on-4 implants You can get a new smile from Dr. Wilhelm with only four dental implants and a full arch of permanent teeth.
- Dental Veneers– While mainly considered a cosmetic treatment, veneers also possess restorative value. They can treat cracked teeth and protect them from breaking in a minimally invasive process.
Sometimes, several procedures are required to return mouths to a healthy, working state. Dr. Wilhelm will evaluate your condition and develop a single treatment plan to address all the issues you are having with your mouth.
At the end of your treatment, you will have a mouth restored of its functionality, and the appearance will be dramatically improved as well!
Getting A Same-Day Smile With Dental Implants
Instead of waiting months, you may be able to get your new smile the same day you come in for your implant procedure. You can get your replacement teeth as soon as your dental implants are placed. No wait, no worry, all smile.
The secret to the effectiveness of dental implants is that they bond with human bone. No other tooth replacement option can do the same.