The porcelain veneers, typically they're made out of porcelain. Cosmetic veneers are generally meant to change the appearance of teeth and they're designed for folks that really don't have a lot of physical stress on their teeth. And because they're really not meant to hold up for people that are wearing their teeth out, again, we get back to the risk and why are the teeth needing veneers or why do they need to be enhanced in the first place? If it's because they're really worn down then we have to look at why they're worn, but other than that, veneers are a beautiful way to enhance a smile and to change the color of it, to change youthfulness and things like that.
At our Woodbury, MN dentist office, Dr. Wilhelm uses dental veneers to correct cosmetic flaws and give you back a smile you can proudly show off to the world.
Our veneers can:
- Improve the appearance of chipped, cracked, stained, or misshapen teeth
- Close gaps in your smile if you prefer not to wear braces
- Correct worn-down teeth for a youthful-looking smile
Solving Your Cosmetic Issues With Dental Veneers
Dental veneers provide versatile and long-lasting solutions for your smile. These thin pieces of porcelain are placed on the front side of your teeth, acting much like a fingernail does!
There are several cosmetic and even structural problems we can fix with dental veneers, including:
- Chipped Teeth – A chipped tooth may not affect the function of your smile, but it will rob it of its luster and natural beauty. While tooth bonding is a faster fix, it is not always the most durable. Porcelain veneers can correct the chip, restore the look of your smile, prevent further breaking, and last for years to come due to their strength.
- Cracked Teeth – Mildly to moderately cracked teeth can be treated with dental veneers. Dr. Wilhelm will bond the veneer to the front of your tooth and conceal the flaw. This will also stabilize the tooth and prevent the crack from progressing to a larger, more dangerous break.
- Oddly Shaped Teeth – Dr. Wilhelm can mold veneers into any shape you want to disguise misshapen teeth. This makes them the ideal treatment for teeth that don’t fit in with their neighbors. Dr. Wilhelm will cover the tooth to give you a natural-looking smile you can be proud of.
- Gaps – Why shift the position of all of your teeth just to close a small gap? Orthodontic treatments will rearrange your entire smile, while a veneer will quickly close the gap and leave the rest of your teeth right where they should be.
Receiving Your New Beautiful Veneers
Dr. Wilhelm will first discuss your situation with you to determine if dental veneers are the best treatment.
If you are a good candidate, Dr. Wilhelm will begin by preparing your tooth for the veneer. He will remove a small amount of enamel from the tooth (or teeth) in order to:
- Make room in your smile for the veneer to fit seamlessly with the rest of your teeth. Without this enamel removal, your veneer will stick out more than your other teeth.
- Prepare the surface of your tooth to bond well with your new veneer.
Once the prep work is done, Dr. Wilhelm will take a dental impression. This impression will be used to custom make your new dental veneer. We’ll match the veneer precisely to the color of your other teeth.
Because teeth whitening can’t lighten restorations like veneers, we may recommend getting your teeth whitened before you have your veneers placed.
Call our dental office today at 651-319-9064 to schedule your consultation for dental veneers in Woodbury, MN . Our online form is also available to make your appointment.